Tuesday 9 February 2010

no. No NO!

Today I went to school by the underground and just searched through the newspaper for something interesting. And the first thing I saw was that Alexander McQueen passed away yesterday. I'm really sad and shocked because he was my favourite fashion designer along with Anna Sui, Stella McCartney and Karl Lagerfeld. I loved his fairy tale creations! They say he was found hanged at his place. According to the news he couldn't bear his mother's death (just a few weeks ago). R.I.P. We'll all miss you.

Well, I thought that he might have been a bit depressed when I saw the hair-risingly scary mermaids from his Spring/Summer 2010 show. But that was before his mother's death...

I have designed very similar shoes several years ago. Could he read my mind? :)
This was my favourite...


Emma Watson wore this dress in a Harper's Bazaar editioral about two years later. I've posted about that before.

On the lighter note:

Thanks to the lovely and stylish AH I can share my joy from another award. To recieve it, I have to write down 7 things that make me happy:
1. Chocolate
2. Watching Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or Pride & Prejudice
3. Saying everything face-to-face with my mom (I'm still such a baby)
4. Yoga
5. Sharing my darkest secrets with my most understanding best friend
6. Jogging on the beach at sunrise (and I do that about once a year :) )
7. Water. And everything you can do with it... ;)


4 comments:

o said...

it's truly heartbreaking:( he passed too soon. thank u for another award, fleur! ure too kind:D i love that u said water makes u happy:) have a great weekend!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

I know,so sad! Ugh, what a waste of a spirited talent.

Nina said...

Hi Fleur!

Congratulations on your award ... you deserve a million more!

I still can't wrap my head around Alexander McQueen's senseless death ...

Viva La Fashion said...

congrats on your award! :D